The skin around the eyes reacts first to insufficient sleep, unbalanced nutrition and fatigue, betraying our condition when the rest of our skin still looks fresh and energetic.
The cause of this “rapid reaction” lies with the special sensitivity and thinness of the delicate eyelid zone. Moreover, this region is one of the projections of kidney activity producing the main “stress hormones.” Stresses literally “settle” on the eyes by causing
spasms of the ocular muscles and disturbing circulation in the region around the eyes.
The serum in the Corrective Serum line rapidly and effectively eliminates signs of fatigue and stress, refreshes and tones the skin around the eyes, reduces swelling. It contains Evening primrose oil decyl esters, hydrogenated jojoba oil, vitamin E and ceramides.
Evening primrose oil decyl esters:
• contain fatty acids that are related to the skin: linoleic and oleicacids that restore the epidermal protective skin barrier. Its function is similar to the role of a fortress wall defending a town, while its structure is reminiscent of brickwork: it consists of hard
corneous scales (“bricks”) interlaid with the lipid layer (“cement”). The epidermal barrier serves as an obstacle in the path of liquid evaporation and protects the skin from penetration by “trespassers” such as bacteria;
• Contain vitamin E and other antioxidants that are “traps” for free radicalsprotecting the skin cells from damage and early aging.
Hydrogenated jojoba oil:
• is superbly assimilated by the skin, because approximately one-fourth of all sebum consists of lipids related to the lipids contained in jojoba oil; it softens and nourishes the skin;
• contains wax esters that act as a natural moisturizing factor (NMF)and restore the skin’s normal hydrobalance;
• contains amino acids whose structure is similar to skin collagen-active" title="collagen">collagen; therefore, they restore its elasticity and promote the smoothing of wrinkles;
• provides sun protection: from the destroying effects of free radicals.
Vitamin Е (Tocopherol):
• is a “vitamin of youth for the skin”: it nourishes, moisturizes, regenerates and strengthens the epidermal barrier layer;
• contains antioxidants that help the skin fight against external aggressors, i.e. free radicals;
• makes the skin less sensitive to the effects of UV-rays.
Ceramides 4 are the “restorers of the skin’s beauty and youth”:
• these are “building cement” for cells in the epidermal skin barrier;
• help maintain intercellular couplings and regulate the penetration of nutrients and active substances in the skin;
• dramatically increase the skin’s moisture level, prevent moisture loss;
• freely penetrate the skin’s structure, thereby protecting it from the effects of unfavorable external factors, preventing drying and the development of wrinkles.
• Moisturizes, nourishes the delicate eyelid skin, leaving it soft and velvety.
• Removes signs of fatigue and stress, helps get rid of dark circles.
• Improves skin color and texture, effectively protects against free radicals, slows down the skin’s aging process.
Apply the product carefully to the cleansed skin around the eyes with light tapping movements. The serum is suitable for daily use (in the morning and in the evening) in combination with regular moisturizer.
Your eyes look brighter and younger.